VCGH is run by its members. To keep the club going, we rely on time and energy given by a small but dedicated bunch of people. There are many ways to help: by volunteering to lead club rides, marshalling at time trials or road races, helping organise trips, outings or events, assisting with the website or social media sites, or countless other responsibilities. You don't have to give a huge amount of time to find out that it's very fulfilling to get involved and keep your club thriving.
The main committee positions tend to refresh every few years, when each committee member decides to resign after a period of commitment to the club. Occasionally new positions come available as the club changes and expands, or as existing committee members step down.
Committee roles usually last for a minimum of one year, renewing annually on a voluntary basis. Training will be provided on relevant software (primarily Google tools and PayPal), and guidance and support will be given. Positions are unpaid. We totally understand that volunteers have jobs, families, and cycling (at least!) to work around too, so all the roles should be able to fit in around your existing commitments.
Currently we are looking for help with the following:
- Ride Leading (particularly at Mod+ Level)
- Marshals & Volunteers for our 2017 TT series
- Members interested in marshalling a VCGH-promoted Road Race near Seale in 2018 (full day responsibility, training given)
- Help with the Race Team website section administration (training given; minimal IT skills required)
- Members to undertake Sports First Aid qualifications and act as club-ride first aiders
- Members to undertake British Cycling Level 1 Coaching to subsequently help out with the Jets Section of the Club
- Members to undertake the Child Welfare and Protection courses to become a Club Welfare Officer
If you are interested in volunteering for these, or any other roles within the club, please email Lara
More information on the constitution and club rules are available within the website's Governance section