posted 24 Mar 2016, 02:02 by Mark Burgin
It's taken me a little longer than I had hoped to publish the minutes from the VCGH 2016 AGM held earlier in the month at the Merry Harrier in Hambledon. A positive meeting with about thirty members attending representing a broad range of interest groups within the club.
The key points were:
- After nine years of no increase, the members decided to increase the club subscription to £25.00 for 25s and older whist retaining the £5.00 fee for those aged 24 and under effective 1st April 2016.
- Will Ranoe and Chris Parker are to be joint Racing Secretaries for the VCGH race team for 2016. Will on behalf of the two of them outlines a racing plan for the season ahead including :
- Regular race team meetings
- Weekly chain gang sessions
- A monthly introductory chain gang session
- A plan for the Club to run two Surrey League races on 3rd June and 1st July 2016
- Lara Taylor our Road Captain presented a brief overview of what the club would be focused on for the coming season, summarised into the following points:
- Improved safety standards, to include the possibility of more formal ride leader training, including first aid training, as well as generic risk assessment documentation, incident management methodology, and revision of the Safety & Etiquette guidelines upheld by the club.
- An effort will be made to improve consistency through the ride levels with an attempt to close any gaps that currently exist, especially that between social moderate and the increasingly pacy moderate ride levels. A second tier of moderate ride to be introduced (moderate plus) with several measures put in place to ensure the rides remain as described. Members were encouraged to adhere to the ride descriptions.
- Some trips are likely to be planned for the year, including the usual Isle of Wight day trip, a ladies’ trip to Mallorca in June, and the possibility of an all levels trip to Northern France later in the summer. Members were encouraged to come forward with any ideas for trips and will receive the support of the committee in organising.
- The time trial season will run again in the same format as the previous 2 years. Dates on the calendar.
I had intended at the AGM to share the stats in the file attached about the profile of members, which show the size, gender and age profile of our membership.
I'm very happy to chat one on one if you have concerns or suggestions, so feel free to drop me a line or pick up the phone.
All the best